Thursday 17 November 2011

Adoration

I was thinking about Tyburn Convent today and their devotion to the Blessed Sacrament. As I said in my previous post, that's a big part of their appeal to me. I've been going to Adoration a lot recently and they have a perpetual Adoration which is awesome.

Anyway, Adoration is tomorrow in my church so as usual I'll be heading down for Daily Mass and then Adoration. But tomorrow will be my first go with my new Eucharistic Adoration prayer book. A whole little book of prayers I can use, I could be there all day!

On a related note, I need to stop going to my church store. I want to buy everything in sight. So far I've bought a little standing crucifix, a general prayer book, a Jesus the Good Shepard prayer card, a Saint Benedict prayer card, the Eucharistic Adoration prayer book and a little statue of the Blessed Mother. In my defence, most of my religious decorations are candles and I live in rented accommodation now so candles aren't allowed. Hence my need for new things! But I really need to stop now before I go broke. The joys of being a student.

Good night!

2 comments:

  1. You have a store at your church?! That's totally awesome! I would have issues with being broker than I am now if I had one handy like that too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the benefits of being a cathedral I guess. :)
    Though actually my old parish also had a little store.
    It's so convenient, they have everything.

    ReplyDelete