Saturday 12 November 2011

Welcome to Emily Ann's Corner

I choose to go by my confirmation name: Emiliana, shortened to Emily. Right now, I'm a 20 year old psychology student. I'm in the last year of my degree and I'm thinking about what to do next. I'm thinking of becoming a nun.

I've felt called to religious life for years, but I always brushed the idea away. I thought "I can't become a nun", it just didn't seem like something that was 'done'. God obviously wasn't happy with that! Later on I started thinking "I'd join an active order if I joined religious life', cloistered life just seemed boring. But again, God had other plans. Now, I'm discerning joining a cloistered community.

This isn't something any one in my life knows about. I don't feel ready to share it with my friends and family yet and I don't think they would understand. When the time is right, I know God will give me strength. For now though, I retreat to the internet. I want this blog to show the journey I am taking, whatever path I end up going down.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogsphere and discernment of religious life! There are a lot of ups and downs so I hope you're prepared. I hear the end result is good though. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much! I know it won't be easy but I'm looking forward to the end. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there!
    I followed the link from CAF (Contra Mundum over there).

    I hope you will get the support you need on this journey, both from your family and friends and from the people reading this blog.

    I'll keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete