Friday 6 January 2012

Day 2

For it was you who formed my inward parts; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; that I know very well. (Psalm 139:13-14)

"Having gifts that differ according to the grace given us, let us use them..."
(Romans 12:6)

What stands out for you in the scripture passages cited [above]?  Write in the space below (or in your off-line journal) any words or phrases that particularly strike you. 

What stands out for me is the recognition of God's individual creation of us, that He has moulded and formed us as a great work of His glory and given us the gifts and talents we have to use for His service and glory and to spread His love and mercy to all those we meet. The phrase "you knit me together" particularly struck me because it really shows just how intimately God knows us and how carefully and closely He created us. He formed us entirely as who we are and we are a wonderful work of His hand. 

What are the gifts and talents you recognise in yourself?

I do recognise that I have a gift for learning and for knowledge. It's not a gift I have historically been particularly fond of or comfortable having but I am starting to acknowledge that it is a gift from God and I should try to use it for His glory.

What are the gifts you would like to have?

I would like to be more patient, even-tempered and more sensitive to the emotions of others. I do often struggle to empathise with others (people have told me I lack emotional intelligence). 

What are the gifts you feel called to share?

I feel called to share my gifts of learning and knowledge with others. If I entered religious life, I would hope to one day teach in the novitiate. If I chose to enter apostolic religious life then teaching would be the ministry I would feel most called to. As a layperson, I would want to work with children and young adults as a catechist. 









No comments:

Post a Comment