Saturday 14 January 2012

Day 8

What particularly stands out for you from these days?

One of the biggest things that stood out for me was reflecting on the sacrifices and blessings of religious life. 


Write or talk to God about what has stood out for you and about what you are feeling now.


Reflecting on the sacrifices that I would have to make to enter religious life made me realise how many distractions I have in my life but it also helped me appreciate the blessings of religious life. I realise how many things in my life are distracting me from Your service and how much I need to change those things in my life, whether I live as a religious or in the world. Even though thinking of the sacrifices was difficult and sad, reflecting on the blessings of religious life made me realise how much I desire that life and those blessings and that even though the sacrifices will be difficult I long to live that life of fuller and more dedicated service to You. 

No comments:

Post a Comment