Sunday 8 January 2012

Day 4

Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we ought, but that very Spirit intercedes for us with sighs too deep for words.Romans 8:26

What drew you or appealed to you about the quotation you chose?


I love that idea of the Spirit filling in those places where we are weak and imperfect. Though we are imperfect in our prayer the Spirit is our help and is the healer of those imperfections. Even as we pray, God is working with us and guiding us. 


Write the word or words that stood out for you.


"With sighs too deep for words." 


Ponder what you have written. Talk to God, or write a letter to God about what you have written. 


I know often in prayer I stumble and cannot find the words to say what I mean. My prayers are far from perfect but I offer them to You in the hope and confidence that You will make what is imperfect in me perfect in You. You know my heart and my soul better than I ever could, I trust that though my offerings are imperfect You know my intentions and my need for Your help and Your grace. 


No comments:

Post a Comment